We are a mere three weeks away from leaving for Uganda to dig three clean water wells for 16 days!
Before each person joined our team, we prepared them for how much would be involved in getting ready for our mission in Uganda. Often joking about “owning” their life for the first 7 months of 2017 (haha but really)!..
- We have had meetings all year,
- We have read and given reports on a collected book list,
- We have been intentional in creating space for people to invest in what we are doing.
- We have been creative in our fundraising and storytelling.
- We have been getting shots and visas,
- Attempting to teach our bodies to drink the appropriate amount of water each day,
- And of course, preparing our minds and hearts for what is to come.
As the leaders, our goal is to prepare without over educating, so, we have shared movies, articles, and passed on stories and information via friends from Uganda to help everyone get an accurate picture of what is to come.
We do not want to go to Uganda feeling like the work we put into our three wells has saved the country in our short time there. Instead, our goal is to be three little drops in the bucket of support that works to lift up the people of Uganda a bit more.
We are a unique and diverse group of people, men and women, different ages and ethnicities, spanning feelers and thinkers, extroverts and introverts (and somewhere in between). We are believers, followers, and lovers of Jesus of varying lengths. I am not sure there is a more diverse group of people to have gone on mission together before (ok maybe slight exaggeration!)
Everyone on our team has stepped out and purposefully sought after unique things in the preparation for this year, it has been so fun to watch everyone’s journey and faith change!
As the leaders of this mission team, we have set up expectations to help our team push themselves beyond what is even listed above. Everyone will take a turn leading a team devotional, they will get the chance to share their story with everyone, as well as write a blog post while we are in Uganda so that the myriad of viewpoints will be captured for you to follow along!.. And that isn’t even counting their official team roles! (First Aid, Prayer, Encouragement etc..etc..)
What can you do to support us?
Pray for all 15 of our team members, all 6 Ugandan drillers, and Sue and Sunday:
- We need to hit water three times!
- Health is always something to be taken seriously in prayer while in another country!
- That we each are able to create space to be fully present mentally, emotionally, and spiritually to experience what God has for us.
- Pray for our friends, family, and housemates that remain behind carrying on normal life while we are gone.
- For the communities that these clean water wells are going into, that it would be a blessing, but also a community building and rallying force for them!
- That the clean water would save lives, and create space for girls to go to school.
At this point ALL the money that is donated will be given to Mission4Water to continue to dig clean water wells long after we leave on July 21st!
Every year I am blown away by how quickly time goes. I always think I am prepared, but somewhere between “it’s so far away” and every day life, the trip sneaks up on me and then suddenly is right around the corner!
If you want more information about what we are doing, read this post, but also peruse through our blog or search #ugandaexcited on Facebook and Instagram!
~Krista (and the leadership trio)